School Bus

Monday, December 5, 2011

Tool #11

My favorite tool was Tool #9 because I enjoyed finding apps and websites that I would be able to implement in my classroom. I love that there is an online database for apps I can download because it allowed me to see just the material that would be relevant for my kids. I plan for my students to use the iTouches and laptops daily in literacy centers and math centers. They will have guidelines as to what type of app or website to visit while using the technology but will be able to choose their activity on their own.

Technology will now have to be a constant thought when I am planning lessons and projects for my students. I am excited that it will no longer be such a "special treat" to get to produce something technological - students will hopefully be able to produce technology projects more frequently. The only changes I foresee for my classroom right now is with organization and security of the technology. It will be really important to check on all iTouches and laptops each day so that nothing goes missing!

The only unexpected outcome from this project is that some of tools took me so long! I usually feel very skilled in the area of technology and am often the one called on to help fix things between my friends and family. It was good for me to see that there is still SO much for me to learn and so many resources I have yet to discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment